Tuesday, February 23, 2010

orpah's among us!

Just kidding - this post has NOTHING to do with Oprah.  I mean, Orpah.  Wait - hold the phone - I lied.  This posting was to be about one of my favorite things but I'm distracted by ANOTHER of my favorite things.  And ANOTHER of my favorite things does have to do with Orpah.
Do you all see what the mighty Orpah holds in her left hand?  You do?  I do, too!  In case you can only read words and letters but you cannot process pictures and their content with your eyes, I'll tell you what she's got.  She's got a 
CORN DOG!
Get EXCITED!!
I adore corn dogs.  I love them.  I lurve them.  I luff them.  But I must say, seeing this corn dog and thinking about it makes me feel badly.  I've lied.  I've lied to the public.  My public.  I realized something, you guys.  I used to say I was fat or at least plump or chubby during some of my teens and would blame this wholly on watching Sister, Sister every afternoon while eating McDonald's.  Every afternoon.   And no, it wasn't even fancy Chanel brand McDonald's.  It was regular, plebeian McDonald's.
But, I lied.  I've been lying. I lie.  Tia & Tamera, you were never meant to be hurt by words.  And you probably weren't.  I hope not, at least.  You taught me so much.  Like that zany, alternative 'Happy Birthday' song I used to try and force people to sing.  But nobody knew it.  But you guys did.  And everyone who was at that birthday party episode did.  Anyway, I digress.  It wasn't just Sister, Sister & McDonald's - it was also the heavenly corn dog in mass quantities spread over lengths of time.  When I would go to the market or "grocery store" with my mother, she would buy me a corn dog.  And we went to the market or "grocery store" a lot.  And I was happy.  And I don't regret it.  I'm a better person for snacking.  
I love you, corn dog.  I'll let you know what my original favorite thing was later.

And coming soon...a VIDEO of things to come.

No comments: