Saturday, June 19, 2010

Apropos to Katy my Lady

This is just darling.  In the video for the California Gurls song previously discussed, there are Gummi Bears who give Katy a lewd hand gesture.  Paw gesture?
This is not appropriate Gummi behavior.  But maybe it's because the kind of behavior that wouldn't even exist!  Read it for yourself:


"Those are definitely not Trolli Gummi bears in the video because Trolli Gummi Bears would never be that rude," says John Leonardo, senior brand manager of Farley's and Sathers (which owns Trolli).  "Trolli bears would extend their chubby little arms and give Katy a big old bear hug and whisper, 'Everything is going to be alright'." 


You hear that?  They would extend their chubby little arms and give her a bear hug.  Who wouldn't love that?  Imagine those bears were people.  Although I wouldn't want a foot tall person with chubs for arms trying to bear hug me.  Or BARE hug me.  Can you imagine!?!?
Stop imagining a polar bear and a shrieking Bjork.  Or seeing it.  Whatever.  That's not even what I wanted you to imagine.  At all.

Anyway.


What in the Flying Dutchman is going on in the California Gurls video?  It's about California, where I am.  But it looks like Candyland.  And she's climbing a peppermint stick that turns into a snake.  As I said, I'm in California, and it doesn't look like Candyland.  And I don't have any giant peppermint sticks or snakes to climb.  Don't some weirdos call Chutes & Ladders Snakes & Ladders?  So Katy is confusing two board games, neither of which have anything to do with California.  She mentions a popsicle at one point in the song?  Is that where she is choosing to jump into a world of candy and glitter?  Popsicles aren't even really candy.  Neither is ice cream I guess.  And Candyland is supposed to be fun and sexy but also scary?  Since she keeps freeing women trapped in candy cages?  I've spent too much time on this already.


Everything is going to be alright.  Or is it all right?  It's not left.

No comments: