Saturday, September 24, 2011

it's fall!

Fall is my favorite. Here's why:

Coffee-mate does all my favorite flavors during fall. I'll even drink the ones that are gross just because it's fall. This is the season of Peppermint Mocha (good tasting) and Egg Nog Latte (pretty sure it's gross tasting but I'll keep buying it and trying it and keeping my hope alive!) and Pumpkin Spice (I think this one is good?) and I LOVE it.
Don't let the candy canes on the bottle fool you. This stuff is so good they offer it year round. A brief glance at their site reveals there are recipes! Coffee recipes! If there's one thing I love more than Coffee-mate, it's their brand-authorized recipes. Go try some now. And, Coffee-mate, if you're reading this - stop it with the Egg Nog Latte. Because I won't stop buying it and hoping it will be good. And I can't deal with the constant disappointment. And also send me some liquid Peppermint Mocha, 'cause I bought the powder because that's all I could find and it's not really the same. It's like drinking Dr. Pepper when all I really want is Mr. Pibb.

I love my birthday. My birthday is in October. There is no finer holiday than a birthday. For with a birthday comes ice cream cake.
Note me and my ice cream cake and that big old fat pumpkin. Note my cute dog on the lower right! This is from a couple years ago. Note my short hair. Note my notes. Basically my birthday is the best because I get to dress up and get presents and eat lots of tasty celebratory foods like steak tartar or caviar or other things that rhyme with those things. But most of all this is when I get ice cream cake. Sure, I could go get one right now but that's hardly the same thing.

Ice cream cake is hands down the best cake in the entire world. 
Specifically, Baskin-Robbins ice cream cake with chocolate cake and mint chip ice cream.

All the greatest movies/movie scenes are set in fall:

Hocus Pocus
It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
the Halloween party in Mean Girls
the Halloween party Legally Blonde where she's like, "When I dress up like a frigid bitch, I try not to look so constipated." That part is totally cool.
And some other stuff.

I love hot drinks and ice cream cake and people in costumes, so obviously this would be the number one season around. I love sweaters and tights and gloves and scarves, too. I love coats and blankets and autumn colors. I love gourds and pies and leaves falling.  All the TV shows come back in fall and no matter how disappointing they may be, they're back! Then there are new shows springing up and no matter how bad they are, there they will be! It's a magical, mystical time.

I also loves saying "autumnal." I loves it. Say it: AUTUMNAL. It's so fun. Now, if you'll pardon me, I have a peppermint mocha coffee to enjoy.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Laura! You don't know me, but I had to greet you with an exclamation point after your name because I think that your videos for Hellogiggles are hilllarrrrioouus! Keep up the great work! PS: Hocus Pocus = best Halloween movie EVAHHH-ERR.

Laura said...

Thank you!! I really love exclamation points.

And I couldn't have enough wonderful things to say about Hocus Pocus. I just couldn't.