Thursday, January 19, 2012

twinsies!


There are certain actors I get mixed up in real life. Or have to double take and use my noodle to discern who it is I'm looking at. And I love it! I wish I had a twin person. I've been accused of looking like a certain celebrity on more than one occasion and it's more annoying after a while than fun - but I think if I were famous myself I wouldn't mind so much. Mostly on account of having a huge mansion with a ski mountain on the property, along with an amusement park a la Richie Rich, as well as a few solid gold toilets and also 5 separate rooms for each of my Oscars.

Anyway. I recently got to thinking that John Hurt and Sir Ian McKellen are twinsies! Check it out.
Next up are the twinsies of Mandy Moore and Odette Annable. I was watching House a few months ago and I was all, "Mandy Moore?? What? This is not the place for you. You're too good." And she was. Because it wasn't her. It was this Odette Annable.
Red-headed twinsies! Emma Stone and Ruth Wilson. I popped on Luther and saw a woman who looked like a version of Emma Stone and later flipped through a magazine quickly and thought it was Emma Stone but learned it was a gal called Ruth Wilson. KABAM.
I've previously mentioned the twinsy-ing of Owen Wilson and young Dennis Hopper.
Unrelated twinsies are just so silly. Why do they look so much alike? Are they related way down the line? I think yes. Yes, definitely.

Here are some product twinsies.
Well. More like tripletsies. But they're all kinda different so I like them all. It's like how even though Sophie Dahl and Nigella Lawson are different, they're still kind of twinsies. Probably mostly on account of how they both make food and they both love their boobs.
Here are crappy movie twinsies and my thoughts/preferences.
Winner for me would have to be Chasing Liberty. This is because I love Mandy Moore and was more entertained by her desire to go to some dumb love parade in Germany than by Katie Holmes being in college or whatever boring thing she was doing. Plus, I much preferred Mandy in disguise by dying her hair and borrowing a leather jacket to Katie's dress up moment as Pamela Anderson.
Winner for me is going to neither. As I saw No Strings Attached in a hotel room and wish I hadn't and never saw Friends With Benefits and am glad for it. No. Wait. The winners here are Natalie and Mila, for being in Black Swan together and then later going on to make the two different yet exactly the same movies, basically. Congrats, gals!
A tough one, again, but I enjoyed both these movies. You have Woody Allen as a bug on the one hand, and Pixar on the other. A Bug's Life takes a slight lead and, thus, the win for that caterpillar saying he wanted a pu pu platter. 

Coming soon: Armageddon v. Deep Impact, The Grey v. The Edge, The Illusionist v. The Prestige. And coming later rather than sooner: Those two Snow White movies coming out. 
What they hey is that about. Are people really clamoring for two remakes of that? If so, I hope there are dozens of dwarves involved. DOZENS!!

2 comments:

Tish said...

I started noticing celebrity look-alikes (or twinsies, as you call them) a long time ago. I, being a nerd, even went so far as to collect them all in a Word document to help me keep track.
I blogged a few a long time ago (http://tishchambers.blogspot.com/search/label/look-alikes), but I have so many more of them...
It's a strange fascination...

Laura said...

Very cool. I love famous people twins!