Tuesday, April 17, 2012

certain sequels

People always say sequels are never as good as the original. I am going to beg to differ. Actually, I'm not going to beg. I'm am just going to plain differ. Watch me differ!

First up, Back to the Future 2

I wish the title was Back to the Future 2: Backer to the Future. I'm really glad it's not though. Honestly. I loved the original Back to the Future, but I prefer the second. You basically get to re-watch the whole first movie inside this movie, anyway. Which really means I guess I love each movie equally, since the sequel is basically half and half.

But in addition to the past, we see the future! BTTF2 brings us these awesome self-lacing shoes. And the hover board, obviously.

We get to see this crazy can of Pepsi - I still don't understand how you open it!

We get to see the future. I don't see how this cannot be seen as better than seeing the past. The past happened. We sorta know how it goes. But the future is a mystery! A mystery through which I'm more than happy to let Marty McFly guide me.

Next up - Father Of the Bride Part 2.

I usually don't like things with babies. For example, I greatly preferred that Look Who's Talking movie with the dogs than any of the baby ones.
But I love this movie. I like the swans at the baby shower. I like Martin Short. I love big pregnant Diane Keaton. And they're stupid double birthing scene. I love it all. And I would watch this over the original any day of the week.


And what's not to love about these pregnant fools in the worst workout wear I've ever scene? I LOVE IT!

And finally, Home Alone 2: Lost in New York.
How these dopes managed to forget their kid again is beyond me. You'd think at that point they'd have put a harness on him. Or those wrist leashes. I like this way better than the original on account of it's Christmas in New York. That's basically the best possible place to do Christmas.
You've also got Tim Curry, who I think makes most movies better. And you still get a slightly creepy but really only misunderstood older person that helps save the day!
This movie has all the wonder of the original and more. Literally, more. He's in a city. We're not stuck in a house the whole time. And it's awesome.

So next time you're about to fart on the idea of sequels - remember these 3. And shut your mouth! After you stick a cookie in there! And chew it up and swallow it and it'll be so delicious.

No comments: