Friday, February 15, 2013

reviving dead tv shows (AND PEOPLE!!)

I have just read Summer Heights High's Ja'mie King is going to be returning in a new series. I am THRILLED. Ja'ime is one of my favorite characters in the whole world. At least I think I read it. Now I can't find proof. It might've been a dream.

But. If you don't know Summer Heights High I feel both sorry FOR you and jealous OF you. You must go and watch it now.

Frankly, I don't know how I've gone this long without ever talking about it. I'm both ashamed and excited.

If you don't know, the series is a mockumentary style show wherein one amazing performer - Chris Lilley - plays several different parts.

He plays the hottest girl in school, Ja'ime

He plays the sassy and snappy Mr. G -
accompanied, as always, by the drama queen, Celine:

He also plays the mischievous islander Jonah Takalua:

Lest this turn into a photo barrage of a post, I must say Chris Lilley makes me want to be a better man. He can do ladies! He can do men! He can do boys! He can truly do it all! He can play all races! He's like the future. And it's here.

I love when characters and shows are revived. It is never a bad idea. That's not true, but I'm only thinking of the great cases of show revival, so obviously I LOVE IT. 

Obviously, the crown jewel in revival is Arrested Development
Yes, it could be terrible, but we all know it's going to be amazing.

Futurama was revived and I was like more like re-high fived! You know, as an expression of joy. 


Degrassi: The Next Generation was hilarious. 

I never watched the original but I'm happy the revived it. This is slightly different in that is basically a different cast for the most part - some of the actors from the old show played teachers on this but I was like "Whatever, I dunno them, I don't care, they can suck butts!" But no really it was nice of the show to let the actors come back and get away from their blistering Canadian schedules of sitting in a Canadian ditch poking berries up their noses.

And because I said we're gonna talk about revived dead people, here's a revived dead person:

No comments: